Develop the competencies to design and deliver effective training, focusing on the online environment.
This introductory Training of Trainers course aims to develop the competencies needed to deliver training across the sector using participatory methodologies. You will apply your learning from the course to plan, prepare and deliver your own short training session, receiving feedback from experienced trainers and your peers. This online course combines theory and practice to help you understand the fundamentals of training and facilitation and develop competencies to aid you in becoming a more effective trainer.
This course is composed of six live sessions, with individual and small group work assigned between each session. The facilitator will be available to provide support to students in between sessions via email.
What does the course cover?
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- State principles of adult learning and apply them to designing and running a training course or session;
- List the stages of the training cycle and the key activities that need to happen at each stage;
- Apply a learner-centred approach when designing and delivering online training;
- Identify aims and objectives for training courses and sessions;
- Design a training session that uses a variety of participatory methods and online tools;
- Describe the role of a facilitator and ways to work creatively and constructively with virtual groups;
- Apply what they have learnt on this course to their own training contexts.
This course is a blended Training of Trainers learning programme comprising the following:
- Preparatory, self-guided pre-course study (1h)
- 6 modules, each an online facilitated session of 3.5 hours plus up to 2 hours of asynchronous collaborative and/or solo work in between the facilitated sessions.
Total: 32 hours
The programme will be run over the three-week period between the 14th and the 31st March 2022. Facilitated sessions will be delivered on Mondays & Thursdays to allow time for collaborative working and self-study:
- Monday Mar 14, 2022 01:30 PM GMT (UK time)
- Thursday Mar 17, 2022 01:30 PM GMT (UK time)
- Monday Mar 21, 2022 01:30 PM GMT (UK time)
- Thursday Mar 24, 2022 01:30 PM GMT (UK time)
- Monday Mar 28, 2022: this practical session will be split into two, group one between 08:30-12:00, and group two between 13:30-17:00 (GMT). You will be allocated to group 1 or 2 after registration closes
- Thursday Mar 31, 2022 01:30 PM GMT (UK time)
Where is it hosted?
The live online sessions are hosted on Zoom. We recommend joining via the Zoom app. Participants may join the training via a browser, although the browser offers limited access to some of the interactive features of the training. Participants will be expected to have a stable internet connection and to actively participate in all facilitated sessions. Participants will receive instructions on how to join the course after registration.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at anyone who would like to learn more about training and facilitation using online tools. It will be of particular interest to anyone new to or with limited experience in training and facilitation.
Upon completion of the course participants will be eligible to apply for a HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
How much does the course cost?
• Standard Individual - £350 (for those funding themselves)
• Standard Organisation - £587 (for those being funded by an organisation)
RedR UK is committed to making our courses accessible to any organisation, regardless of size. We offer course scholarships for eligible participants who meet specific criteria. For more information on RedR UK Scholarships and how to apply, please click here.
For bookings cancelled two or more weeks before a course, administrative charges will apply. Applicants will be entitled to a refund of 85% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next course. If the applicant chooses to transfer and then cancels their booking again, neither a further transfer nor a refund will be offered. For bookings cancelled one to ten working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fee will be refunded (*during normal UK working days, Monday-Friday and working hours 9am-5pm). Please see T&C below.
Any questions? Check out our FAQs here and our T&Cs here.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK are committed to try and make reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.