Managing projects can be challenging and implementing effective responses to emergencies requires exceptional project management skills.
Managing projects effectively can be challenging and implementing effective responses to complex emergencies requires exceptional project management skills.
The ability to deliver quality outputs on time, even under extreme circumstances, is crucial to any humanitarian response.
This course identifies key project management skills required by humanitarian workers and will not only give participants an understanding of project management theories and techniques but will also equip them with tools and techniques crucial for managing projects successfully in emergency situations.
What does the course cover?
- The humanitarian project cycle.
- Project management tools and techniques.
- Financial management.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Needs assessments and analysis.
- Logical framework.
- Resource management.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- List the stages of the project cycle and issues that may arise.
- Define the purpose and principles of conducting effective assessments.
- Demonstrate how to set project goals and develop logical planning frameworks.
- Identify resource management techniques for the critical stages of an emergency.
- List the financial risks in the critical stages of an emergency and identify their potential impact and how to manage them.
- State the purpose and principles of effective monitoring and evaluation, and create useful reports.
Registration is from 8.30 am, with the course starting at 9.00 am and concluding by 5.30 pm. The day is broken up into four sessions, separated by a lunch break and coffee/ tea breaks in the morning and afternoon.
Participants will be actively encouraged to participate in classroom discussions and group work. The trainer will draw on both theoretical and practical knowledge in order to make the experience and learning applicable to the realities of the humanitarian sector.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, RedR UK will adhere to all safety rules and procedures as per the relevant government and ministry guidance.
- Early Bird tickets (20% Discount) are available for the first 10 participants who register and complete payment 1 month before the course starts. Once the early tickets run out, or after the 1 month deadline expires, then the standard fees will automatically apply.
- Standard Organisation rate (600$) is for any staff working for international organizations.
- NNGO or CBO rate (460$) is for any staff working for local organizations and community-based organizations.
- Group Booking is for organizations looking to book 3 or more participants onto the same course. Please email RedR UK for discount options.
- Individual or student rates can apply upon request.
Please email email@example.com for more information.
*Disclaimer: Upon registering for this course, you will be liable to pay the full course fee through PayPal, a credit card, or a bank transfer. RedR UK reserves the right to cancel your place on the course if the payment is not received at least three weeks before the training is due to start.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be eligible to apply for an HPass Badge, a digital indicator of achievement, and a way for participants to demonstrate their skills and experience in the humanitarian sector. You can find more information on HPass Badges here.
Who should attend?
The course is primarily aimed at humanitarian workers who do or will have, a project management role. It is also relevant for project managers in the development sector interested in developing competencies for managing projects in emergency situations.
What is the language of the course?
What's the refund policy?
- For bookings canceled ten or more working days* before a course, applicants will be entitled to a refund of 75% of the course fees paid, or if places are available will be offered a transfer of 90% of the course fees paid onto the next course.
- For bookings canceled one to nine working days* before a course begins, 25% of the course fees paid will be refunded.
- For bookings canceled less than 24 hours before a course, or after a course has started, no refund or transfer of value will be provided.
- If the applicant chooses to transfer to another course and then cancels their booking a second time, neither a further transfer of value nor a refund will be offered.
Please note that we are only able to cover our local bank charges and not the recipient’s bank charges when we make refunds.
Refunds may take up to 30 days.
(*During Jordan office's working hours, Sunday-Thursday 9.00 am - 5.00 pm)
Please check the FAQ document and our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions about this course or require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any complaints, please email email@example.com
RedR UK is committed to making sure everyone’s needs are met, including people of different genders, ages, and disabilities. If you have any specific access requirements or learning needs RedR UK is committed to trying and making reasonable adjustments to support your needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +962 (0) 6 462 6227 at any stage of the booking process to talk directly to RedR UK about your needs.
Fidelity scheme: Have you participated in one of RedR UK’s courses in the last 2 years? If so, you are eligible for an additional 10% discount! Please contact email@example.com to request your promo code for registration.
Local organizations: RedR UK offers special discount rates for staff funded by local organizations in low and lower-middle-income countries. These participants can register by purchasing the Standard Individual ticket.
Scholarships: RedR UK is committed to making our courses accessible to any organisation, regardless of size. We offer course scholarships for eligible participants who meet specific criteria. For more information on RedR UK Scholarships and how to apply, please click here.